When you think of impressive craft beers and delicious, smooth coffee your first thought is usually Australia, right?
But that doesn’t mean there aren’t other places around the world with great breweries and an amazing coffee culture.
The state of Oregon, located in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, is making quite a name for itself as a great holiday destination.
Not just a place for food lovers, Oregon is also referred to as “the land bicycles dream about,” and is packed full with great outdoor activities.
“Oregon appeals to adventure seekers who love to hike, cycle, kayak and explore,” said Lisa Itel, Global Sales Director for The Americas and Oceania.
“And we have great wine, craft beers and award winning food trucks that we know Australians will love too!”
With fall beginning in the States at the moment Oregon has a number of new adventures for outdoor activity junkies and foodies alike.
For the outdoor adventure seekers:
- Oregon is the only state to have a designated Scenic bikeways program. The program currently features nine picturesque routes that roll through covered bridges, wine country, mountain terrain or the twisting, turning roads of the old west. Rideoregonride.com/bikeways
- The recently completed Sandy Ridge Trail system is carved out specifically for mountain riders and weaves down the west side of Mt. Hood’s highest peak. Rideoregonride.com/sandyridge
- Cycle Oregon is a fun-loving mix of back-road riding and two-wheeled tent revival, delivering the best combination of scenery, challenge, amenities, camaraderie and philanthropy of any bike ride out there. Cycleoregon.com
For the foodies:
- Hikes and Pints features one-day, up-close and personal tours of some of the state’s most breathtaking scenery, paired with behind the scenes tours of local breweries. Hikesandpints.com
- Feast Portland is the flagship food and drink festival of the Pacific Northwest, showcasing local culinary talent and Oregon ingredients, alongside nationally recognised chefs and influencers during a four-day celebration. Traveloregon.com/feast
- Pelican Brewing, one of the top microbreweries on the West Coast and the only one that sits on Oregon coastal sand, is set to open an expanded facility in downtown Tillamook, Oregon this fall. The expansion includes a new tasting room and viewing area.
- Famed New World Pinot noir producer Ponzi Winery has opened its doors to the public for the very first time. The modern tasting room and state-of-the-art winery offer innovative wine tasting experiences, including table-side service and tours of the four-level, gravity-flow winemaking facility.
For more information visit www.traveloregon.com