The festival on every foodie’s calendar returns in 2014 as Taste of Sydney hits Centennial Park from 13th-16th March.
Taste of Sydney will see over 15 top dining destinations featured as well as over 100 artisan producers and exhibitors offering a range of tasty treats.
Taste of Sydney’s mega restaurant line-up includes newcomers Bloodwood, AKI’s Indian Restaurant, Chow Bar & Eating House, pop-up The Larder, and Chur Burger; along with Taste of Sydney favourites Popolo, 4Fourteen, Four in Hand, Porteño, Efendy, Longrain and The Cut Bar & Grill.
Bowral’s Biota Dining and Jonah’s Whale Beach will return to Taste of Sydney’s ‘Destination Dining’ roster, along with new additions Muse Restaurant, Pokolbin, and an injection of Mexican fun from central coast favourite Rojo Rocket of Avoca Beach.
The final line-up of Taste of Sydney restaurants and their expert chefs include:
- 4Fourteen / Four in Hand – Carla Jones
- Aki’s Indian Restaurant – Kumar Mahadevan
- Biota Dining – James Viles
- Bloodwood – Claire van Vuuren and Mitchell Grady
- Chow Bar & Eating House – Chui Lee Luk
- Chur Burger – Warren Turnbull
- The Cut Bar & Grill – Grant Croft
- Efendy – Somer Sivrioglu
- Jonah’s – Peter Ridland
- The Larder – Richard Ptacnik
- Longrain – Louis Tikaram
- Muse Restaurant – Troy Rhoades-Brown
- Popolo – Francesco Armillis
- Porteno – Ben Milgate and Elvis Abrahanowicz
- Rojo Rocket – Alejandro Urbina
Sydney’s premium gourmet festival will serve an array of interactive features that are sure to satisfy all appetites, including the new Lurpak® Cookery School and Food & Beverage Matching Masterclass Inspired by Celebrity Cruises.
Delectable experiences at this year’s festival include:
- Gourmet Traveller WINE Pop Up Bar by Rushcutters- Enjoy a host of great drops selected by Rushcutters’ sommelier Sarah Limacher and Gourmet Traveller WINE’s Nick Stock in the brand new Pop Up wine bar, and experience a number of wines from sustainable-practice, organic and biodynamic vineyards.
- Country Kitchen- Rebecca Sullivan, from Dirty Girl Kitchen and the Granny Skills Movement will return to host this popular attraction. Rebecca will lead food demonstrations as well as a series of inspiring and provocative discussions around food and sustainability.
- Rekorderlig Cider Bar- The custom-built Beautifully Swedish Rekorderlig Bar is returning to entice cider lovers to relish in Rekorderlig’s ‘Beautifully Swedish’ way of life.
- Sail & Anchor Beer Hall- The Beer Hall will return this year, presented by Beer & Brewer magazine and iconic craft beer brand Sail & Anchor. Beer and cider aficionados can ‘hop’ to a line-up of interactive sessions including demonstrations and tastings from Australia’s best home-grown and imported labels; and free master classes, presented by Sail & Anchor.
Those who want to experience the full festival indulgence can purchase special tickets to the exclusive Taste of Sydney VIP Lounge which will also return in 2014. A number of tickets to attend the VIP Gala Night are also available, where attendees rub shoulders with their kitchen heroes and be the first to hear the announcement of the Best in Taste Award winner, as judged by a select panel of the industry’s top food critics.
Taste of Sydney is a great way to experience the city’s most-applauded restaurants and the premium produce. Tickets are on sale now. For more information on Taste of Sydney and to book tickets go to www.tasteofsydney.com.au or call Ticketek on 132 849.