Stunning island hideaway? Tick. Sumptuous food? Tick. VIP treatment? Tick.
For wine enthusiasts it doesn’t get any more luxurious or exclusive than this: 22 guests will have the chance to take part in unWINED, a bespoke wine event featuring three of the Australian wine industry’s biggest names, from 18 to 22 June.
Set against the breathtaking backdrop of the Great Barrier Reef, the event will be hosted by Orpheus Island Resort. The three-day celebration of Australia’s premium wines will include a series of Q&A sessions with Kym Schroeter (Penfolds Wines), Tom Carson (Yabby Lake & Heathcote Estate) and Larry Cherubino (Cherubino & Robert Oatley Wines), as well as masterclass-style tastings.
A degustation menu prepared by Orpheus head chef Arie Prabowo will be matched with the winemaker of the day’s favourite drop.
Package prices start from $7,700 for two guests, and include:
- Four nights tropical beachfront accommodation
- Opening evening cocktail party, hosted by Orpheus and the winemakers
- Three two-hour masterclasses, including premium wine tastings
- All gourmet meals, with three dinners hosted by the daily winemaker and matched to their favourite drops
- A complimentary selection of Australian wines and beers
- Daily experiences including snorkelling, fishing, sunset cruise and local island tours
- Unlimited use of motorised dinghies, kayaks, paddle boards and catamaran
- Return helicopter transfers between Townsville and Orpheus at scheduled flight times
For more information visit www.orpheus.com.au
Image credits: Orpheus (top: Kym Schroeter; right: Tom Carson)